Below is a list of eight therapies that can help you realize your very best skin texture and tone and bring the vitality back to dull and aging skin. Incorporate these simple actions into you daily regime and help your skin look and age its very best.
1. Shield Your Skin Daily Most wrinkles, brown spots, and other signs of agiing are due to sun exposure. So slather on sun protection (with an SPF of at least 25) every morning, no matter the season. Look for products that contain micronized zinc and titanium dioxide.
2. Increase Cell Turnover by every evening, use a vitamin A-enriched skin-care product. Retinoids are the most potent ingredient you can use to help increase cell turnover to give skin a youthful glow. Look for products that contain retinol or retinaldehyde. Retinaldehyde lets you get the benefits of using a vitamin A product with out the irritation or sunsensativity of a Retin A.
3. Step-Up Exfoliation Once a week, skip Step 2 and add an at-home microdermabrasion kit to your skin-care routine. These kits help improve the texture, color, and evenness of your skin. You can find them in the skin-care aisle of most mass retailers.
4. Add on Overnight Repair Apply an anti-aging cream nightly to help repair and replenish skin. Look for one that contains an antioxidant such as idebenone, which helps to even skin tone, increase firmness, reduce the appearance of wrinkles, and brighten the skin.
5. Bring in the Big Guns If you’re still not satisfied after six months, some in-office treatments can make a difference. All should be done by a highly skilled cosmetic physician injector.
Botox will smooth away fine lines. It works by relaxing the muscles it’s injected into, so overlying skin can’t wrinkle for four to six months. It’s used mostly on the forehead or around the eyes.
6. Plump it back up: Juvéderm or Restylane can fill in and plump deep lines. These injectibles are made with hyalauronic acid, which draws water to the area, plumping it up to help reduce line depth that occurs between the nose and mouth. If you are ready to take a bigger step consider the intermediate fillers that also result in collagen production over time. These fillers such as Sculptra and Radiesse have both immediate results as well as results that progress over time. Finally if you want the best of the best consider permanent fillers such as Artefill if appropriate, or the Platlet rich plasma or the Vampire Face lift with your own blood. This acts as a poor mans stem cell transfer and can revolumize as well as improve the texture and tone of the skin.
7. Fractional Resurfacing Lasers Fractional resurfacing lasers are used to resurface and rejuvenate the skin texture and tone. Wrinkles,scars and enlarged pores can be improved with a series of three to six treatments. Bopth the CO2 lasers or the Erbium lasers are appropriate for this. Now that the lasers are fractionated there is less down time required and still amazing results can be had.
8. Finally don’t forget the importance of nutrition. More and more correlation has been made between the correct supplements and a healthy diet and living well. Hormone supplementation may be required to maintain the youthful appeareance. Part of taking care of ourselves today is having a physician who specializes in anti aging medicine to consult with and to keep us abreast of new developments and changes in the field of nutrition and hormone supplementation.